Choosing the perfect color for your skin tone can at times be such a drag. We pretty much tend to go for color options that may not be the best but make us feel comfortable, and I think it’s safe to say, everyone has at least one color that makes up for 80% of their closet space. For me, that color is black, only because it's so easy and requires less thought, but what can I say, I'm a basic a-- lady (sometimes). Now I'm sure you're thinking, well, what's the point? If you're being basic then I can just continue being basic too! Nah sis (or... guy), after reading this blog, you would have mentally graduated and your “basic” privileges would be revoked . I'm here to help expand your horizons a little bit and bring to you some color matching knowledge.
On the topic of sportswear, when it comes to selecting the right workout clothes, choosing the perfect color can be just as important as the fabric and style. Ladies, imagine wearing the most popular, yet uncomfortable, chafe inducing gym shorts that roll up every time you do a squat. Yeah, now, pair those terrible shorts with your favorite blindingly bright magenta top because no one ever mentioned to you how awful that color was.
Fellas, imagine the same concept except, you have on a plain white, puke green, faded black, or boring beige colored top, the ones that everyone seems to be wearing now, coupled with your designated gym crew socks and loose basketball shorts, black or white of course, because... what...what other color would go with it?
I'm hyperbolizing, but you get my point. Have no fear, if you have cool undertones, this article was written just for you.
*SN: cool undertones are typically blue and pink for fair skin or purple and red for medium skin tones.
Here is a list of the top 10 colors that work best for cool tones in workout clothes:
- Navy blue - Navy blue is a classic color and great for cool skin tones as it complements blue and pink undertones without washing you out. This color enhances the natural coolness in your skin, plus, it pairs well with a variety of other shades.
- Charcoal grey - Charcoal grey is another great option that pairs well with blue and pink undertones. This neutral color goes well with brighter accent colors like pink and orange.
- Plum - Plum is a beautiful deep purple shade that complements cool skin tones, especially those with blue undertones. It pairs well with lighter shades like grey or white. This dramatic color can add a bit of personality to your wardrobe.
- Emerald green - Emerald green is a rich and vibrant color that looks stunning on cool skin tones with blue or pink undertones. this flattering color transitions well from the gym to casual wear.
- Dusty pink - Dusty pink is a beautiful soft pink shade that complements cool skin tones with pink undertones. This beautiful neutral color can be work as a solid or as a subtle accent color that will add a bit of femininity to your wardrobe.
- Powder blue - Powder blue is a light and refreshing color that pairs well with cool skin tones with blue undertones. This color pairs well with silver, sage green, or a soft peach.
- Turquoise - is a bright, bold color that can add a pop of color to your workout clothes. It's especially flattering on cool undertones and can be worn as leggings or tops. Plus, turquoise is a color that can be paired with a variety of other shades, including navy blue, black, or grey.
- Teal - Teal is a gorgeous green-blue shade that pairs well with cool skin tones, especially those with blue undertones. This stunning shade pairs well with a variety of other colors including black or grey.
- Burgundy - Burgundy is a rich and bold shade that complements cool skin tones with blue undertones.
- Silver - Silver is a cool and metallic color that complements cool skin tones with blue or pink undertones. It is a reflective color that adds a bit of shine and can be especially eye-catching.
Now you know how choosing the right color for your workout clothes can make a big difference in how you look and feel during your workouts, which is why you can no longer be basic. The top 10 colors to consider are navy blue, charcoal grey, plum, emerald green, dusty pink, powder blue, turquoise, teal, burgundy, and silver. These colors will not only complement your skin tone but also enhance your overall workout experience by enhancing your natural beauty, giving you the confidence and comfortability you require during your fitness routine. You can also find your tone using our Color Match chart for the best colors that will compliment your skin tone from our selection of workout apparel.